GP Online Services
All GP Practices across Somerset offer GP Online Services
This means you can book routine appointments, order repeat prescriptions and access your medical record via the internet.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits of being able to access your health information and GP practice services, these include:
- Access wherever and whenever you like
- Avoid waiting on the phone when trying to book routine appointments
- Easier to manage your healthcare.
The video to the right (from NHS England) tells the story of Marilyn, who believes her care has benefitted from GP Online Services.
What if I don’t have a computer, tablet or smartphone?
If you do not have a computer or do not know how to use one, Somerset libraries can help.
Computer training courses at your local library
Many Somerset libraries offer training and support to help you access online information which can be tailored to your individual needs.
Here are just some of the services available:
- Courses available for those who are unable to use a computer
- Courses for those who wish to search the internet for health information
- Support for those who wish to use GP Online Services via their GP practice website
- Access to computers for those who do not have their own
- Support with using your own device (such as an iPad or a tablet).