Minor Injury Units
Due to the geography that Somerset covers our A+E departments are supported by 7 Minor Injury Units (MIU, these are located at Frome, Glastonbury, Shepton Mallet, Chard, Bridgwater, Minehead and Burnham on Sea.
They are all run by Emergency Nurse Practitioners, these are nurses with extra training in emergency care and are supported by staff nurses and health care assistant. Our team of Emergency Nurse Practitioners see, assess, diagnose and treat a wide range of non-life threatening minor illnesses and injuries. Common examples include:
- Chest infections
- Throat infections
- Eye infections
- Urinary infections
- Emergency contraception
- Sprains and strains
- Broken bones
The standard opening times for the MIUs in Somerset are as follows, however may vary, so please see the Somerset Foundation Trust Website for up to date information.
- Bridgwater – Bridgwater Community Hospital, 01278 436 720 – open seven days a week, 8am – 9pm
- Burnham on Sea – Burnham on Sea War Memorial Hospital, 01278 773122 – open seven days a week, 10am – 6pm
- Chard – Chard Community Hospital, 01460 238229 – open seven days a week 8am – 9pm
- Frome – Frome Community Hospital, 01373 454770 – open seven days a week 8am – 9pm
- Glastonbury – West Mendip Community Hospital, 01458 836454 – open seven days a week 8am – 9pm
- Minehead – Minehead Community Hospital, 01643 701715 – open seven days a week 8am – 9pm
- Shepton Mallet – Shepton Mallet Community Hospital, 01749 341101 – open seven days a week 8am – 9pm
Find your closest Minor Injury Unit
Search for ‘hospitals’ to see which of the above Minor Injury Units, also called Community Hospitals, is closest to you.