Non Medical Prescribers
Please see the Somerset GP Education Trust (SGPET) Non Medical Prescribers (NMP) page which is for NMPs, people hoping to become NMPs or employers of NMPs working in general practice in Somerset. This page contains links and resources, including some comprehensive prescribing guidance for non-medical prescribers.
Practices must inform the CCG Medicines Management Team of new non-medical prescribers, those joining or leaving a practice or changing their details. The forms for this can be found on the NHSBSA website under ‘non-medical prescribers’.
Shaun Green, Deputy Director of Clinical Effectiveness and Medicines Management at Somerset CCG is the authorised signatory who passes on these changes to the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA). The NHSBSA will not accept the forms directly from practices.
Daniela Broughton collates this paperwork on behalf of Shaun Green, please email her on email@example.com with the completed forms.
Further guidance can be found below.
When registering, if you would like to be added to the medicines management distribution list, please let Daniela know.
Further resources for individual professions can be found on the following links:
- Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee (PSNC): Who can prescribe what?
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC): Standards for Prescribers
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS): Prescribing Competency Framework
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC): Standards for Prescribing
- College of Paramedics: Medicines and Independent Prescribing