Hypnotics and Anxiolytics
Prescribing of anxiolytics and hypnotics in Somerset is now significantly above the national average which is why it has been chosen as a safety and quality area to review as part of this year’s incentive scheme scorecard.
On this page you will find resources to support practices in tackling this difficult area of prescribing including patient letters, leaflets and CBT alternatives to medication.
- Appropriate and cost-effective prescribing of hypnotics and anxiolytics
- Sleeping tablets PIL
- Reducing and stopping benzodiazepines and Z-drugs
- Practice policy- hypnotics
- Patient contract
- Hypnotic withdrawal letter
- Self care resources for insomnia
- Referral To Sleepstation blank form
- Sleepstation Information for GPs
- MHRA Zolpidem